Since I’ve joined Avon and started selling, many customers ask me for advice and tips about makeup and skin care products. So I’ve decided to write this post about some tips that I think they are very practical and useful for your daily needs.
- Skip the powder if you are older or have dry skin. As we get older, the skin will become drier and when you apply powder, it will get into wrinkles and crevices in the skin and will make you look even older. So, I suggest you replace the powder with a Setting spray. Avon True Color Makeup Setting Spray has a micro-fine mist that dries quickly to an invisible finish. It helps set foundation, blush and eye makeup without drying skin. The ultra-lightweight formula is also fast-drying. I’ve been using mine for more than 2 years and I love it. Another great option is to use a Liquid Foundation with reflecting particles like the mark. Get Even All-Day Moisture Liquid Foundation, its an oil-free liquid foundation with a tone-correcting formula that promotes natural-looking skin and a radiant appearance and there is no need to use powder.
- Tinted Moisturizer is a great option for summer, its the perfect “no makeup” makeup look, for a fresh, light option to keep skin even. You can even hack this at home with what you already have, just mix your regular moisturizer with a bit of your foundation to make your own Tinted Moisturizer, you can work the tone by adding more or less foundation. But if you prefer to buy a tinted moisturizer, Avon Solutions Moisture Shield Tinted with SPF 15, helps retain moisture and gives skin a sheer hint of colour for a sun-kissed glow at the same time protects against sun damage. Its light formula, makes it perfect for summer.
- Cream Blush is a great alternative to powder blush because it lasts much longer and it avoids emphasize wrinkles, great for all the older ladies out there too. But hold on, don’t rush to the shop yet, you can try out by using your own lipstick as cream blush. Just avoid using too bright lipsticks and use the subtle shades that you have for a natural look. Apply a dot or two and use your finger to blend it well in a circular motion or apply with a brush blending. Avon True Color Be Blushed Cheek Color has 8 shades option with a soft, sheer formula for a natural look, if you really want to go into cream blush.
- Start Multimasking your face for more effective results. Every area of your face might have different needs, that’s why applying different masks to different areas of your face is more effective. Sides of your nose might have clogged pores from dirty so a clay mask will help purify your skin by unclogging the pores. Clearskin® Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask has an oil absorbing mineral clay that pulls like a magnet and leaves the skin feeling clean and soft. For irritated cheeks from dryness or sun exposure, a gel mask will do wonder to calm and hydrate it. Anew Clinical Overnight Hydration Mask is a mask that you apply before bed and stays overnight with it. In the morning your skin looks vibrant, supple, dramatically hydrated and visibly younger. For the famous T-zone: chin, nose and lower forehead, oil can be a great problem, so the best masks are charcoal for those areas. Anew Purifying Clay Mask with White Charcoal Powder (coming soon) has pure kaolin clay that helps remove impurities from pores. And last but not least, for dull skin mask with citrus extract can brighten up your skin for a radiant and refreshed look and the Anew Brightening Clay Mask with Citrus Peel Extract will do that (coming soon). From the masks above I use regularly the Anew Overnight Mask and my skin feels amazing in the morning. I usually use once a week, but you could use more often if you need. The other mask that I have used frequently was the Clearskin Black Mineral Mask and it definately cleans your skin and leave it so soft. I really like that one. The others that I’ve mentioned above they are coming soon, but I will have my review very soon and let you guys know about it.
- It seems that Contouring is here to stay and as many people already got into the techniques of mastering the contouring, there are still many people out there, including myself, that still have to get know and practice the art of contouring. As we would expect the market is already full of products specially designed for it, but the truth is, you don’t need a special product for contouring, you can use foundation sticks instead, in a shade or two darker than your natural skin tone. For those with little or no skills in contouring yet, this is the safer start point without going to deep on the shades of contour sticks. Avon has contour sticks, Avon True Color Transforming Contour Stick, with 2 shades on each stick, one light shade for highlighting and a darker one for contouring. I will try it out, even that I am not into contouring, and then add my review here later.
Well, that’s it for today, if you want to know more about a specific Avon product, or would like me to do a review of a specific product, please let me know because I love to try different products. Until next time.
Shop Avon with me at http://www.bit.ly/ShopAvonwithMonica
All pictures used in this post are from Avon web site.